THE PERFECT LBD
WHAT IS THE PERFECT LBD????
SINCE IT’S SUPPOSE TO BE “PERFECT“, DOES THAT MEAN WE ONLY NEED TO HAVE ONE???
Some may not be familiar with the acronym LBD, so let me start with that… ‘)
LBD is short for Little Black Dress.
The LBD is one of my recommended “must haves” for every fashionista/womans closet. You may be wondering, what makes a little black dress the “perfect one” AND how much should this “perfect” LBD cost you?
There really is a “perfect” little black dress, but I believe there is a perfect one for each and every occassion! 😉 You can have one that’s sophisticated, one that’s simple, fun, sexy, spunky and/or funky…… get my drift? ‘))
In other words, NOOO you don’t have to have just one and YES there is definitely more than one “perfect” LBD for each of us!
** A few CHICified things to keep in mind when LBD shopping or hunting:
1) ALWAYS try it before you buy it. Many times it can look drab, boring, ill-shaped or down right ugly on the hanger, but sometimes those odd little gems are the “perfect” ones. Believe me…that’s what happened to me with my “hanger ugly” little gem. ‘)
I passed it and passed it and passed it, but something about the fabric and the neck line was very appealing. I decided to take my own advice to just try the darn thing on! To my pleasant surprise, I was blown away by the cute style, incredible fabric, flattering fit and then….THE PRICE!!!! Holy Canoly!!
Let’s just say I most certainly did the FAB FIND HAPPY DANCE in my dressing room!! 🙂
I accessorized my LBD this time with a vintage leather purse, a gold bangle and necklace. I added some spice to my ensemble with burnt orange tights and black suede pumps. I did a topknot to accentuate the neckline and topped it off with a bold red-orange lipstick.
OK, I know you’re thinking…there’s no way SHAYZON is going to leave us hanging on the price! LOL… Of course not!!! It was……… $8.00!! I kid you not!!
Totally DEAL GURU Worthy!
2) When selecting an LBD, keep the type/s of occasions in mind that you are purchasing it for.
3) An LBD is an asset because that one dress can become a multi-event garment. By adding different jewelry, shoes, bags, tights, hairstyles, scarves etc. your one LBD can look like 10 different dresses. ( Don’t shy away from adding color to your ensemble.)
4) Select styles that are timeless vs trendy , well tailored and most importantly, styles that accentuate your most flattering features and assets. Stay away from styles and cuts that make feel self conscious and/or insecure. ( There isn’t one particular style that’s recommended for an LBD, go with what looks amazing and makes you feel confident. )
5) SHAYZON’s RACK ATTACK recommendation is to shop and scout department store sale racks, resale stores, boutiques, consignment shops and definitely thrift stores. ( Usually we find the most fabulous things when we don’t need them, so always keep an eye out for that gem before you actually have an event that may require it. )
You most certainly don’t have to break the bank to have “THE PERFECT LBD“.