I’m SHAYZON. Southern California Realtor, TV personality, Style & Beauty Expert, Host, On-Air Contributor, Ethical Fashion Devotee, self-taught Designer and Sewist. I’m a proud momma to my son Arlington and daughter London, and I literally married a Prince, Michael-René Prince that is. 🙂 These roles have been the most profound, rewarding and motivating. Let me answer a few more commonly asked questions for you, so you can get to know me a bit better.
Get to Know More About Me
What are you currently working on?
I’m currently working on the new season of my podcast show, THE SKINNI W/ SHAYZON. I’m so grateful for the success of Season 4, and being chosen as one of the Top 10 Fashion & Beauty Podcasts in the 2020 Ultimate Directory of Podcasters. I’m beyond excited about the return of a new Season and the amazing way that our show continues to evolve. This season we get down to the nitty-gritty on topics that impacts our lives as intentional women, wave makers, creators, fashion lovers, beautiful people of color, sustainability seekers and uplifters. Expect to hear engaging topics, informative conversations and impassioned voices.
I am a huge fashion lover! Not only for the fashion on the racks, but I am and have been in love with the process and making of a garment, from concept to creation. I conquered, a paralyzing fear and intimidation that I carried with me for many years about sewing. Recently, I decided to learn/teach myself how to sew! Finally bringing my designs and ideas to life has been an absolutely remarkable experience!
My mission as The Fashion Mixologist is to show others how to maximize style while minimizing waste. Conscious, Ethical and Sustainable Style is absolutely attainable without breaking the bank or sacrificing ones uniqueness. More to come from this designer. You can follow along with the behind the scenes journey on my instagram. I have other pots cooking right now and I’ll be sure to fill you in when they’re cooked and ready.
What are some of the highlights of your career so far?
- Being the lead hair & makeup artist at Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week.
- Having an Elite and award winning Bridal Hair & Makeup company for 15yrs, since 2000.
- The role of personal makeup artist for the high-profile TV host Nancy Grace, the face of The Nancy Grace Show for over 6yrs.
- Working with CNN for 8yrs.
- Being the founder of the empowering Lifestyle Brand, CHICified. “Not only a Lifestyle but a Mindset.”
- Expanding the CHICified brand and launching, The CHICified Girl Initiative in Jamaica for young girls and young ladies in 2016.
- Becoming a host and on-air contributor.
- An invitation and opportunity from Bravo to be a cast member of the docu-series, Mother Funders.
What is the name of the TV show you starred in?
How long have you been working in this industry?
What is RESALE CHIC?
- Being chic on any budget.
- Curating your uncompromised and unique style.
- Never having to break the bank for style.
- Never neglecting your love for fashion & style due to lack of finances.
- Supporting the environment by extending the life and story of each unique piece you buy.
- Reducing the numbers of garments that end up in the landfills on a daily basis.
- Reducing the demand for fast fashion and their overwhelmingly unethical manufacturing practices.
When did your love for fashion and beauty begin?
Where are you from?
Words that I Live by
Progress Over Perfection, Support Over Judgement & Shame.