“I strongly believe that CONFIDENCE is the key to making any look spectacular and the core of radiant beauty!”
I’m Shayzon. TV personality, Style & Beauty Expert, Host, On-Air Contributor and an avid Fashion fanatic. I’m a proud momma to my son Arlington and daughter London, and I literally married a Prince, Michael-René Prince that is. 🙂 These roles have been the most profound, rewarding and motivating. Let me answer a few more commonly asked questions for you, so you can get to know me a bit better.
What are you currently working on?
I’m currently working on the return of my podcast show, THE SKINNI W/ SHAYZON. I’m super excited about Season 3 and the amazing way that our show has evolved over the years. This season we get down to the nitty-gritty on topics that impacts our lives as women, wave makers, creators, fashion lovers, beautiful people of color, sustainability seekers and uplifters. Expect to hear engaging topics, informative conversations and impassioned voices.
I am a huge fashion lover! Not only for the fashion on the racks, but I am and have been inIove with process and making of a garment, from concept to creation. I concurred, a paralysing fear and intimidation that I carried with me for many years about sewing. Recently, I decided to learn/teach myself how to sew! Finally bringing my designs and ideas to life has been an absolutely remarkable experience! More to come from this designer. 🙂 You can follow along with the behind the scenes journey on my instagram.
I have other pots cooking right now and I’ll be sure to fill you in when they’re cooked and ready.
What are some of the highlights of your career so far?
Some of the highlights that come to mind is:
* Being the lead hair & makeup artist at Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week.
* Having an Elite and award winning Bridal Hair & Makeup company for 15yrs, since 2000.
* The role of personal makeup artist for the high-profile TV host Nancy Grace, the face of The Nancy Grace Show for over 6yrs.
* Working with CNN for 8yrs.
* Being the founder of the empowering Lifestyle Brand, CHICified. “Not only a Lifestyle but a Mindset.”
* Expanding the CHICified brand and launching, The CHICified Girl Initiative in Jamaica for young girls and young ladies in 2016.
* Becoming a host and on-air contributor.
* An invitation and opportunity from Bravo to be a cast member of the docu-series, Mother Funders.
What is the name of the TV show you starred in?
I starred in BRAVO’s hit show Mother Funders. Following a passionate Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) board in the small town with 7 moms and 7 very different personalities. Despite or in a addition to the differences, outbursts and tantrums from some, our PTO ran like a corporation. We threw lavish fundraising events on a mission to provide for the kids at our school and in the community. Sounds simple enough right? Well it definitely wasn’t and it was all caught on camera.
How long have you been working in this industry?
I’ve been in the fashion and beauty industry for 20 plus years.
Having my work seen daily on major networks like CNN, ABC, Hallmark, E! etc. are realities that surpassed my dreams. Seeing my artistry gracing the covers and pages of international and national publications and adorning the faces of celebrities, anchors, politicians, TV hosts, models, brides, and royalty are achievements and highlights that make this career and journey memorable, cherished and priceless.
What is RESALE CHIC?
Resale is something that has been previously owned and being sold again.
Chic is fashionable, stylish, snazzy, elegant, debonair and fashion forward.
RESALE CHIC is the seamless fusion of both.
Shopping resale stores, thrift, vintage, swaps and estate sales are ideal ways of being more sustainable and conscious about fashion.
RESALE CHIC a brilliant formula for:
* Being chic on any budget.
* Curating your uncompromised and unique style.
* Never having to break the bank for style.
* Never neglecting your love for fashion & style due to lack of finances.
* Supporting the environment by extending the life and story of each unique piece you buy.
* Reducing the numbers of garments that end up in the landfills on a daily basis.
* Reducing the demand for fast fashion and their overwhelmingly unethical manufacturing practices.
When did your love for fashion and beauty begin?
My love for fashion started at a very young age. According to my mom, I was born with a creative and stylish soul and began expressing my innate love for fashion at the age of 2. Way before I even knew that “fashion” was even a thing. 🙂 I’ve been exposed to a vibrant life, filled with colors and textures from day one. Birthing in me a passion and love for living a fashionable, “rich” and beautiful life to the fullest.
Where are you from?
I was born in the parish of Mandeville, Manchester on the beautiful island of Jamaica.